314 Sunrise Park
Pella, IA 50219
“America’s Dutch Treasure”, Pella lies in Central Iowa just 40 miles SE of Des Moines. Established in 1847, under leadership of Dominie Hendrik Peter Scholte, the Hollanders claimed their new home as Pella, “city of refuge”.
Don’t miss the Tulip Time Festival in May, which draws over 150,000 guests to our community over the course of the three-day celebration. Hundreds of thousands of beautiful tulips bloom every year in the Pella Historical Village grounds. Each day features two parades, an afternoon and then a lighted evening parade, each with marching bands, traditional Dutch elements, and elaborate floats. Pella residents proudly wear their traditional Dutch costumes and wooden shoes for this annual celebration of heritage.
Pella today boasts the largest working grain windmill in the United States, the Vermeer Mill; a treasured gem, now fully-restored from the 1900’s, the Pella Opera House; Iowa’s largest lake, Lake Red Rock; strong industry such as Pella Corporation, Vermeer Corporation and a strong, healthy business community for the 10,000+ population. Pella is also the home of a great education system with; Pella Community Schools, Pella Christian, and Central College. A small town feel with all the benefits of a large city, can all be found in Pella, IA.
- City of Pella— 641-628-4173
- Pella Cooperative Electric Association (REC)— 641-628-1040
- Midwest Sanitation— 641-628-2610
- Alliant Energy— 800-822-4348
- Pella Post Office— 641-628-2951
- Pella Community Center— 641-628-4571
- Pella Police Department— 641-628-4921 or 911
- Pella Fire Department— 641-628-1414 or 911
- Pella Ambulance— 641-628-1780
- Marion County Auditor— 641-828-2217
- Marion County Motor Vehicle Dept.— 641-828-2202
- KDSI Internet— 888-382-5670
- Mediacom— 800-479-2082
- Stravers Cellular (US Cellular provider)- 641-628-7311
- Windstream— 866-445-8084